No subject

Sun Oct 7 07:16:56 EDT 2012

SYNTAX
	syndaemon [-i idle-time] [-d] [-p pid-file] [-t] [-k] [-K]

DESCRIPTION
	Disabling the touchpad while  typing  avoids  unwanted
	movements  of  the pointer that could lead to giving
	focus to the wrong window.  This program needs
	SHMConfig "on" in your XOrg/XFree86 Synaptics Touchpad
	configuration.

OPTIONS
	-i <idle-time>
	      How  many  seconds to wait after the last key press
	      before enabling the touchpad.  (default is 2.0s).

	-d    Start as a daemon, ie in the background.

	-p <pid-file>
              Create a pid file with the specified filename.
	      A pid file will only be created if the program
	      is started in daemon mode.

	-t    Only disable tapping and scrolling, not mouse
	      movements, in response to keyboard activity.

	-k    Ignore modifier keys when monitoring keyboard activity.

	-K    Like -k but also ignore Modifier+Key combos.

Therefore:

 syndaemon -i 1 -d -t -K

Anyways, with KDE, I didn't even have to restart my desktop.
I just started the deamon, and syndaemon took effect immediately!