[mdlug] linux firewall/vpn package like monowall

Kevin O'Brien zwilnik2 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:39:10 EDT 2012

Dan, have you looked at Secure-24? My wife works there (fuil
disclosure) but they handle health business and HIPAA compliance.

http://www.secure-24.com/

As to using to VMs, my initial take is that seems unnecessarily
complicated. As a project manager in this industry, I have found that
the VPN is the key in transit. And at either end you need appropriate
security in the data centers. I set up an application in 2010 at the U
of M Hospital that connected our system to a subsidiary of McKesson
with servers in Alpharetta, GA. We were HIPAA compliant once I got the
VPN set up.

Regards,