[mdlug] old machine modem question..

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Sat May 5 12:29:11 EDT 2012

On 5/5/12, Gmail-otakurider <otakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Question
>
> Anyone have stuck deep in there brain the setup notes for a ThinkPad T22
> WinModem setups?  Did some goggling and the links seems to be broke to
> configure it
>
> its a 00.03.1 Serial Controller: Agere System LT Winmodem (Rev 01) on
> the T22.
> I have Ubuntu 10.04 installed currently, if I need to use a different OS
> that is fine as well
> they only has dial-up.. yes a pain in the a$$ but there are still some out
> there.

Check the Linmodems site.  They have a script that detects the modem
and generates reports as to what you need to use it.

I gave up on softmodems as their modules need updating with every
kernel update.  I bought a Rosewill USB modem for $20 and it works
great.  The only problem I had with it is that Gnome PPP sets the DTE
speed to 400K+ and it would only connect at 9600.  Setting Gnome PPP
to 230K solved the problem.