[mdlug] OT: Web site critique

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 17:23:51 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Terry Freeman
<freemancomputer at gmail.com> wrote:
> So your talking a drop down sort of thing on the left that would say
> something like "What games would you like to play' then it would drop down
> to moves, tv etc? Or am I completely missing what your saying?

The way I see it, you have three primary categories in your ontology:

* Title
* Difficulty
* Average User Difficulty

So I'd probably have a tree on the left that looks something like:

* Title
* Difficulty
* Average User Difficulty

And when you click on one, (say, Difficulty), it would expand like so:

* Title
* Difficulty
| - One Mug
| - Two Mugs
| - Three Mugs
| - Four Mugs
\ - Five Mugs
* Average User Difficulty

(or however you prefer to do nested bullets. The → and ↓ characters
are simply convenient visual ways to describe the tree node state.)

If that's not how you'd arrange such a tree, then you probably need to
add more metadata to your games and titles in your database. But this
gives you an idea of what I was thinking about.

--
:wq