[mdlug] Ford to hire 500

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Fri Jun 1 15:39:52 EDT 2012

I saw the following on an internal Ford web site: Ford Looks to Employees to Help Fill More than 500 Full-Time Salaried PositionsBy Chris KassabJun-01-2012 7:00 AM ETBody.​DEARBORN - Ford is hiring again. The company is presently looking to fill more than 500 full-time salaried positions in the United States and wants your help to find qualified people. “Employee referrals are an excellent way to help us identify strong candidates for our workforce,” said Laura Kurtz, manager, U.S. Recruitment.  “We are asking all employees to support our recruiting effort by sharing information and excitement about working at Ford with their friends, colleagues and family members.” Jobs currently available are located primarily in Southeastern Michigan.  They are in a variety of areas from Information Technology, Product Development, and Manufacturing to Finance and Marketing, Sales & Service.
According to Kurtz, Ford is looking for qualified individuals who possess the One Ford behaviors.“A strong candidate will have functional and technical excellence and demonstrate Ford Expected Behaviors including own working together and the ability to deliver results,” she said.  “Those are the qualities we are looking for.” Kurtz says she hopes employees will encourage others to explore job opportunities at Ford. “We have a strong brand and have a history of people working together to develop ingenious, attainable products and services that make people’s lives better.  We provide excellent opportunities for people to develop in their chosen career path and we offer competitive compensation and benefits package,” she said.All Ford job openings are posted on the Ford Careers website at http://corporate.ford.com/careers.  Referrals should be advised to visit the website, create a personal profile and apply for the jobs that meet their qualifications. Due to confidentiality agreements, Ford cannot release any information about the status of employment applications to employees.  However, all applicants will receive an e-mail from Ford notifying them once their information has been received. “If an applicant is selected for consideration, they will receive a pre-screening phone call from the Recruitment office followed by a formal interview, which is typically done in person,” said Kurtz.  “At that time, the dialogue is two-way.  We want to find out as much as possible about the candidate but we also want the candidate to find out as much as they can about Ford and the position they’re interviewing for.”Kurtz says employees should also advise anyone interested in working for Ford to follow Ford Careers on Twitter at http://twitter.com/FordCareers and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FordMotorCompanyCareers. “These sites share helpful career information and tips on topics such as interviewing and job seeking,” she said.  “Individuals who ‘like’ the Ford Careers Facebook page and follow Ford Careers on Twitter will receive regular updates about exciting new career opportunities.”Ford’s College Graduate (FCG) and internship programs are completed for 2012.  The Recruitment office will be looking for new applicants for those programs in the fall for 2013.