[mdlug] Looking for distro experts

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jan 25 13:34:42 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 10:52 -0500, Garry Stahl wrote:
> > I am looking for people who are experienced users in any of these areas who
> > might be willing to come present at Washtenaw Linux Users Group:
> > 3. openSUSE

That's what I use on the desktop.

> What exactly do you wish them to explian?  The average distrobution is
> little other than it's mangment software.

+1 They are 99.44% the same software.  **WAY** to much attention is paid
to distributions.  And in general they aren't very interesting;  they
pretty much differ [slightly] in their package manager and the attitude
they take towards adopting new versions of major packages and how they
interface with upstream.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>