[mdlug] AT&T 2Wire 3600HGV Uverse Gateway Trouble Hopefully Solved, Was Network Slowdown Troubleshooting/Netgear WNDR3700 Free To Good Home

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sun Nov 27 10:49:38 EST 2011

Peter Bart wrote:
> 	Ok, yes. I have a business connection with dynamically assigned
> 	IP address's. But I should still be able to get public IP
> 	address to my router, whether it's with the DMZ configuration
> 	or otherwise. It'll just be dynamically assigned, right?

Umm.  I don't know if it works that way.  I hard coded
the IP address on my router and I configured the IP
address to be associated with the router's MAC address.

Since you don't have a static IP address, I don't think
you'd be able to associate a dynamically assigned address
to your MAC address.  And even if it did work, your network
would go down every time the address changed until you went
back and reconfigured everything.

As long as your current setup works, I wouldn't suggest
trying to bypass NAT.