[mdlug] Distro Suggestions f/Panasonic Toughbook CF-19

Peter Bart petertheplumber at att.net
Wed Nov 23 09:42:22 EST 2011

Good Morning,
	I'm having some trouble with the finishing touches of an
	openSUSE 11.4 install on this box, which has a convertible
	touchscreen. I just can't seem to find the way to get an
	onscreen keyboard up to login and come back from
	screensaver/resume. Also the touchpad is not recognized, but
	usable. I was able to calibrate the touchscreen. It's a late
	model Intel dual core processor with 160GB hard drive and 8GB
	RAM so I don't necessarily need a lightweight distro. But I am
	thinking about putting the current version of Ubuntu Netbook
	Remix on it because I can get Onboard to show at the login
	screen and resume/screensaver login on my Asus tablet install
	of UNR 10.04. And it's generally tablet/touchscreen friendly.
	But before I try and pound a square peg into a round hole I
	thought I'd ask for suggestions. Anyone know of a
	tablet/touchscreen friendly distro?

--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber