[mdlug] Power supply & hard drive

Jim Broughton jbroughton at twmi.rr.com
Mon May 23 22:28:49 EDT 2011

On 05/22/2011 09:58 PM, Garry Stahl wrote:
> Robert Jim Fulner wrote:
>> Gary I've got you beat. Up until just this past December my primary
>> desktop was one that had been in my family since 1998, an old HP
>> Pavillion my wife got given to her from the tribe when she was in Middle
>> School.
>>
>> Only hardware upgrades it ever got was an Ethernet card, an FireWire/USB
>> Card, and we upgraded it to 128MB of RAM.
>>
>> I only retired it because the 16GB Harddrive finally failed, and it was
>> basically impossible to remove the hard drive on that machine.
>>
>> And folks wonder why I hate KDE4?
>>
> Amiga 1200 on the desk behind me.  1992

Got you beat I just resurrected my Amiga 2000 from 1987. Was in the
garage collecting dust and just decided to fix what I thought was
a dead monitor. Some floppy disks did not survive most however did.
My main desktop however is a 2.7Ghz Athlon X2 with an Nvidia GT240.
No excuse for having a slow computer for a daily user. Parts are cheap.
Oh and I hate KDE4 as well. I still use 3.5.9 or is it 3.5.10. Whatever.

Jim