[mdlug] Mar 20 ConCom Topic - Videoconference

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Tue Mar 22 20:46:02 EDT 2011

We need a description of the big blue button for the ConCom and Penguicon.

Thought starters:
1. Video conferencing.
2. White boarding.
3. Sound sharing.
4. Text chat.
5. Multiple private rooms.

Equipment needed for partcipants:
1. Computer (display, keyboard).
2. Optional speakers or headphone for listening.
3. Optional microphone.
4. Bandwidth (more is better).

Equipment for hosting - note I have a server that I plan to loan out:
5. Optional additional servers to run the software (couple gigs memory).

My server is a  AMD Phenom II  X4 (true Quadcore design) 840 3.2 Ghz with 4 gig DDR3 1333 of memory.  I can build additional servers for $250.