[mdlug] exim or postfix, and why?

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Mon Mar 14 14:39:49 EDT 2011

I briefly considered exim before choosing postfix.

I don't remember what i didn't like about exim, but i like postfix's
modular design and find it really simple to configure.

I used to be a sendmail expert, at least by some lame local standard
of expertise.  I finally gave up about 8 years ago when i started
here at internet2.

if you need to do UUCP or something even more goofball,
sendmail might be your best bet.  Otherwise, fuhgeddaboutit.