[mdlug] exim or postfix, and why?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Mar 14 10:15:54 EDT 2011

> From: Michael ORourke

> I've never been a big fan of sendmail.  It's configuration files give
me a
> headache just looking at them.

I'm not in favor of a config-file format that's Turing-complete. (In
other words, you could - theoretically - program a copy of sendmail *in*
the sendmail configuration language.)

There are arguments in favor of this, I suppose - flexibility being the
main one - but I'm a fan of the Unix principle of "do one thing well".

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                    (313)
227-2317

 "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom
of the
 people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by
violent
             and sudden usurpations." - James Madison, 1788