[mdlug] exim or postfix, and why?

Mark Thuemmel ldaphelp at thuemmel.com
Sun Mar 13 13:40:31 EDT 2011

On 03/12/2011 02:32 PM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> I've been using sendmail exclusively for the MTA on
> servers and workstations.  Now I'm setting up a new
> workstation and thinking of trying something new.
>
> So I'm looking for feedback...exim or postfix, and why?

Postfix

I started with Sendmail in the 90s, but switched about 8 years ago to
postfix.  I find postfix easier to work with.

I'd say Postfix maybe easier to configure, maybe more secure, more
modern, more modular.

But if you are already experienced with Sendmail, you might just stick
to it unless you have something you can't get it to do.

Using the default MTA of your distro makes sense too.