[mdlug] exim or postfix, and why?

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 13 12:55:01 EDT 2011

Postfix!

I've never been a big fan of sendmail.  It's configuration files give me a
headache just looking at them.
Postfix configs seem a lot easier for mere mortals to deal with, well
documented, and easier to understand.  Now I haven't spent much time with
exim, so I am a bit biased towards postfix.  I guess I can't really compare
and contrast the two, but I would recommend taking a closer look at postfix.

On a side note, I've been working a lot recently with CentOS and it's
default MTA is sendmail (as I reach for the Advil bottle). ;-)

-Mike