[mdlug] USB Headset

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Tue Mar 8 07:28:45 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 16:30 -0500, Robert Jim Fulner wrote:
> Wait, am I understanding that I will need to purchase a new USB soundcard
> too?

No, the USB headset *is* a sound "card".

BTW, I've used various USB headsets with openSUSE 11.2/11.3 and they've,
so far, all just-worked.  Just plug it in and right-click on the volume
control, select sound preferences, and they appear in the appropriate
tabs - if you have multiple audio devices you may have to select the one
you want output from.