[mdlug] Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 PCI sequencer problems

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:54:06 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Scott Webster Wood <treii28 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Of course the Timidity stuff shows up at 128 for ports 0-3 and alsa is saying
> that port 0 on the AudioPCI is showing up at 16.  But no matter what I seem to
> do, I can't get any audio to come out:

I would verify that the port is functional by trying a different
distro or on a Windows system.  With the midi ports being on the same
connector as the game port an ESD event can damage them both.

If it is not a hardware problem then check the port's address range
(usually 330).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input/Output_Base_Address