[mdlug] Networking.

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Fri Jun 17 08:58:08 EDT 2011

Jay Nugent wrote:
> Greets,

I am having "nebulous" network issues.  Translation, by Son's windows
machine is seeing all sorts of things that do not exist.  I need someone
with a verified working wireless, and the knowledge to use it to vet out
my network.  I'm still having issues with wireless in the T-61.

The thing that tells me it's his computer that is munged up is that fact
he cannot make a wired connection, and gets two different network
reports depending on which cat 5 socket he goes to.  Both into the same
switch and the same router.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Journalism is publishing what someone doesn't want us to know, the rest is propaganda. -- Horacio Verbitsky
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org