[mdlug] [Discuss] eCornucopia 2011 call for talks

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Mon Jan 31 13:20:28 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: Matthew Switlik <switlikm at gmail.com>
To: discuss at mug.org
Subject: [Discuss] eCornucopia 2011 call for talks
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:33:13 -0500

e-Cornucopia.2011 at Oakland University is making an open call for
proposals.  If you work with open education tools, open access
journals, or open source software I encourage you to come share your
knowledge at our one day conference on Oakland University&#65533;s campus.
The conference is Thursday May 26, 2011 from 8:00 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.
A continental breakfast & lunch will be provided.  Registration is
free for presenters.  More general conference information is at
http://www2.oakland.edu/elis/conference.cfm?countrytabs=0

If you work with open source software I&#65533;m especially interested in
what you do.  I am tasked to heading the Open Source track at this
years conference.
If you work with:

   * Linux
   * Open Source Media Editing (Images, Video, Audio, 3D Modeling)
   * Open Source Office Suites (a politically angled talk about
Oracle, Sun, and Libre Office would be very welcomed.)
   * Open Social Networking (status.net / identi.ca)
   * Open Hardware / 3D Printing
   * Open Conferencing/Meeting Software
   * Open Learning Management Systems
   * Open Mobile Devices and Software

Please contact me at switlik at oakland.edu or submit your proposal at
http://www2.oakland.edu/elis/conference.cfm?countrytabs=2.

Proposals are due by Tuesday Feburary 15th, 2011.

e-Cornucopia is an excellent chance for you to influence minds in
higher education toward open source, open education, and open access.
Even if you aren&#65533;t a coder we need your skill of using open source
software to solve problems.  Your talk can be about the community
around a project instead of a project directly.

If you are a member of a Hackerspace in the region I encourage you
submit a proposal about your experiences and the open education model
you have achieved with your group or club.

Thank you for your time.
--Matt Switlik