[mdlug] Linux push an economic phenomenon?

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Mon Jan 24 10:59:54 EST 2011

Dan Pritts wrote:

> I am SURE that things are better now.  Someone mentioned buying a thinkpad with linux preinstalled, that is just awesome.

T-61 direct from Lenovo SLED 10 installed.  I have replaced that with
openSUSE.  SLED was too locked down for my taste and needs.

Said computer is the club burn box.  I have Distros are Us on it, some
90 gig worth.

Better still, it was $100.00 cheaper than if I had bought it with
Vista.  And I still got the year of Novell support, which I never needed.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Journalism is publishing what someone doesn't want us to know, the rest is propaganda. -- Horacio Verbitsky
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org