[mdlug] SEMCO SIG-Linux meeting reminder

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:06:09 EST 2011

*A reminder...

***
*SEMCO SIG-Linux meeting announcement*

The *January 2011 SEMCO SIG-Linux* meeting will be:
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 from 6:45 to 8:45 p.m.
Location:
*Motor City Free Geek <http://www.motorcityfreegeek.net/>* facility
1511 Jarvis St.
Ferndale MI  48220

The meeting topic will be
*Ready For Our Close Up: Media Management Under Linux*
*Michael Rudas* will talk about media players, media file management
(including formats and codecs), and a bit about video & audio editors.

The facility is located east of *Hilton* (between Hilton and *John R*). The
new location is just nort of the previous SIG-Linux meeting location at the
*i3Detroit <http://www.i3detroit.org/>* hackerspace.
Directions from the north: *Wanda Street* runs south from *9 Mile Road*.  Go
south on Wanda from the traffic light at 9 Mile Rd. The building is on the
northwest corner of Wanda and Jarvis (it's the first traffic light south of
9 Mile).
Directions from the south (a bit trickier, due to the railroad tracks and
divided highway)  Take *8 Mile Road*.
>From the west:  Take the first turn-around east of the railroad overpass.
>From the east: turn right on *West End Street* (last turn-off before the
railroad overpass).
Take any subsequent left--they all end at Wanda.  Turn right and go north to
Jarvis.

*~~ Michael Rudas*
   My home page <http://mrudas.2ya.com/>
   My software blog <http://favesoft.blogspot.com/>