[mdlug] Remote SSH commands

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:27:01 EST 2011

Michael ORourke wrote:
> I think Aaron is drinking the Koolaide again!   ;-)

Ooops, yeah, I type rcp out of habit...

> I don't think ftp/rcp is a good choice, especially when there are more
> secure utilities available.

true.. but if it's from one computer within a company
to another, just transmitting administrative scripts,
i'm not too worried about a router being a security
risk in the transaction, nor that a windows machine will
have a packet sniffer looking at administrative scripts
that the windows user cannot run.

But in general, I agree with your sentiments viz a viz security.