[mdlug] Webserver / Video Conferencing Server

Tony Bemus tony at bemushosting.com
Sun Jan 9 06:41:55 EST 2011

Hello all,
   At the last meeting a good open source project was brought to our
attention that would allow us to do Video Conferencing of our meetings
http://bigbluebutton.org/ ...
   Mat Enders(and the School) Donated a Server but it needs parts.  Gib
and I split the cost of the power supply ($25),  Gib donated $40 towards
1GB ram ($47).  I will donate 2 SCSI 18GB hard drives and a controller
(raid mirror will give us only 18GB space).
   If any would like to donate some Ram or Hard drives it will go far to
get this ready.  The ram needed is DDR and the hard drives are either
SCSI 3.5" or IDE Hard drives. The Ram needs to be in pairs.  Mat is also
going to donate a PCI riser card but we need to pull it from one of the
other Server/workstations they have. To get to them we need to break the
security measures and All Mat is asking in return is to purchase a set
of Zip ties($25?) (Mat - I could not find mine)
   The Server is a Dual 3.06GHz Intel Xeon 1U rack mount.  Total the
Server can hold  4 3.5" harddrives and 6 sticks of ram.  I plan to load
Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS as the OS. It will have a public IP address
setup as a subdomain on our existing mdlug.org domain.

Tony Bemus
MDLUG Sectary and Webmaster