[mdlug] Run scrip on file arrival

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 28 21:50:40 EST 2011

The incrond utility might work for you.  However, you didn't specify if the
target system was the NFS server, or a client.  I believe it can only
monitor local filesystems (inodes).  So the incrond solution may not work
for you.  Basically it is a cron-like utility which is triggered by
filesystem events.  I've tested it on a CentOS box and it seems to work
well.

Reference:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-inotify-examples-to-replicate-directories/

-Mike