[mdlug] Looking for hosting

Joe Doehler lugnuts at doehler.us
Wed Feb 16 12:01:41 EST 2011

I am looking for a hosting service for a non-profit. Requirements:

1- Low cost. Traffic is expected to be low.
2- Web site.
3- Several mailing lists. One for the general membership (about 75
recipients), and about a half-dozen more for the various teams.
4- Document storage, with password access. 1GB at the most is my guess.
Password functionality similar to that provided by ".htaccess" and
Apache's "password" file, so we can have fine-grain control over who
reads the files.
5- A threaded message board would be nice, for special events.

If this matters, the organization in question is "sandhillsoaring.org",
currently hosted by "hosting.com", which does not provide items #4 and
#5 above.

Recommendations welcome. TIA.

Joe.