[mdlug] MS Exchange alternative

Mark Montague markmont at umich.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:23:42 EST 2011

  On February 10, 2011 10:00 , "rborromeo at the5spot.com"
<rborromeo at the5spot.com> wrote:
> One of the major things is the ability to sync OTA to Blackberry,
> iPhone and Android phones. And have a IM client would be a plus. I was
> looking at Ignite Openfire for that.
SOGo supports syncing to any device that supports SyncML (whether
natively or via an installable client) via Funambol.

I like GAIM-based IM clients; Jabber as an IM server.  Since Exchange
does not have an IM client itself (MSN Messenger is a separate product
from Exchange), hopefully you will be willing to consider groupware
suites that do not have IM clients or servers bundled with them.  If you
are looking for particular integrations between IM and calendaring /
contacts / email, please be specific as to what they are.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark at catseye.org