[mdlug] What Just Happened Yast???

Peter Bart petertheplumber at att.net
Mon Feb 7 11:58:40 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 13:56 -0500, Jeff Hanson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Peter Bart <petertheplumber at att.net> wrote:
> > Why would trying to open a database with Keepassx log me out, Keepassx was allready running. The
> > sequence the was >file>open database.
> >

> Likely hardware failure.  Check RAM with memtest, kernel (dmesg), and X logs.

FWIW I checked memory with memtest for several hours and it reported no
errors. I checked the disk itself with smartctl long test and it
reported no errors. This machine had some quirks and was originally
programmed at the time when I would try something I found on the net
simply because I thought it was cool. I've had difficulty starting and
running various programs on it before. I'm assuming I simply screwed
with something I had no business with. I zeroed the drive and am in the
process of loading all my needed software after installing openSUSE 11.3
64bit with KDE as the window manager. So far so good! I accepted all the
default install options except I increased swap to twice of memory ;)
--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber