[mdlug] sshfs mount

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Dec 31 10:46:00 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 19:19 -0500, Mark Thuemmel wrote:
> I tend to gravitate to rsync instead of scp because if I get interrupted
> I can restart where I left off and update the backup without copying
> everything every time.  I don't know if scp supports restarts.

No, scp does not support restarts.

Depending on the security of the network between the two hosts
straight-rsync may be much faster than rsync-ver-ssh.  SCP is pretty
slow for file transfers [floating around are patches for
unencrypted-ssh, but they haven't made them into any of the
distributions I'm using;  look for a cypher (-C) specfication of
"none"].

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>