[mdlug] sshfs mount

Mat Enders mat.enders at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:11:22 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Robert J. Clay <rjclay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mat,
>
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Mat Enders <mat.enders at gmail.com> wrote:
>>        I am moving a large amount of data from one server to another.  Out of
>> convenience I am doing an sshfs mount of both servers then using Nautilus to
>> drag and drop the data.  My question, is the data coming to my laptop and back
>> out or is it just moving from one server to the other?  I would expect that it is going
>> directly from one server to the other.
>
>    If those sshfs mounts are to the servers from your laptop, and not
> from one of the servers to the other, then how else is the data to go
> except via your laptop?
>

> --
> Jame
> rjclay at gmail.com

Thanks gentlemen I am convinced so now I have to set up one of the
servers  with sshfs and do it directly thanks for all of the great
feedback

--
Mathew E. Enders

"Where once Samba and Apache sold Linux to the world they are now just
part of the plumbing.  But that's OK, plumbers make good money."
--Jeremy Allison