[mdlug] sshfs mount

Michael newmaniese at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:50:27 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Garry Stahl <tesral at wowway.com> wrote:

> > Ok folks we 2 competing theories.  Let's have some more input. Who do
> you think is right and why? Carl? Harry?
> > Mat Enders from my BlackBerry®
> >

> Might I suggest you sniff the packets coming to your laptop.  Amount of
> traffic would be telling.
>

> It would probably be easier to run tcpdump host to_server on the from
server. If they are communicating directly you would see some packets that
way. Otherwise you will be looking at quantity, which I would imagine the
default SSHFS uses the -C (compression) flag, so that would be difficult.

My bet is that the servers are in no way communicating with one another
because I can broker 2 sshfs connections between 2 different unreachable
networks at the same time, so all traffic is going through your laptop.

Michael