[mdlug] Any good resources for IPTables?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Aug 24 10:53:08 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 09:49 -0400, Robert Adkins II wrote:
> I want to build some custom chains.
> I have written out the English of what I am looking to achieve. It's
> just the action of getting that into the proper format and the correct
> location that I haven't discovered.

1. Install fwbuilder <http://www.fwbuilder.org/>
2. Design your chains
3. Save the results.
4. Look at the generated script

The odds that FWBuilder doesn't support what you want to do is *very*
*very* low.  As iptables has become more sophisticated and capable, and
then there is IPv6 rule pairing/mirroring... I've abandoned all attempts
to maintain iptable rule-sets manually.   FWBuilder works, and will even
install the rules for you.