[mdlug] WTF /var/log

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Thu Aug 18 22:04:41 EDT 2011

Brian Brodsky wrote:

> How much space is being used by /var now. What is the frequency you have
> setup for logrotate and how many versions of logs are you keeping. Are
> you sure all logs are being rotated?

/Var is 240 meg.  I looked it up.  No /var is not filling my machine.
Graphics and sound are filling my machine, that and PDFs

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Journalism is publishing what someone doesn't want us to know, the rest is propaganda. -- Horacio Verbitsky
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org