[mdlug] [Discuss] Ohio LinuxFest Registration is Open for Business!

Mark Thuemmel ldaphelp at thuemmel.com
Tue Aug 2 21:59:34 EDT 2011

On 08/02/2011 08:35 PM, Kevin O'Brien wrote:
> The premier Linux event in the Mid-West USA will run Sept. 9 through
> Sept. 11 in Columbus, Ohio, and registration is now open to all.
> Keynoters include Cathy Malmrose, Bradley Kuhn, and Jon ‘maddog’ Hall.
> There is an extensive Medical track focusing on the use of Open Source
> in various aspects of medicine, training from the Ohio LinuxFest
> Institute, and a great slate of presentations. Register now and reserve
> your place. http://www.ohiolinux.org/catalog/1 .
>
> As always, we have a “Enthusiast” category for those short on funds. If
> you pre-register at the Web site, you can join us free of charge.
> Walk-ins will be charged a small fee.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kevin B. O'Brien

I'm from Michigan and I went last year for the first time and enjoyed it
so much I'm already booked for this year.  Asterisk/Digium guy will be
there and Bradley Kuhn is a MUST see for the GPL/OS lovers out there.

I believe Beth Lynn, one of the OhioLinuxFest organizers, predicted the
Linux takeover would hit critical mass this summer, will be nice to hear
a list of all the ways John Doe uses Linux everyday, even if it's not
the Desktop.

Looks like a good number of Linux tracks Friday and Saturday.  I'm
getting excited.

Instead of taking the LPIC test on Sunday at a discount rate, I'll
probably attend the Diversity in Open Source Workshop again to see how
we can make the ladies and other diverse groups more welcome in the
Linux community.

I hope Penguicon here in Michigan has this much Linux/OS/GPL loving
going on next year.

Hopefully Jorge will be there Friday for UbuCon to help get the party
rolling.  Last years parties weren’t too shabby, got my picture with Mad
Dog and a beer....

In my world, this is a MUST attend for any Linux enthusiast in a state
that touches Ohio.

Mark