[mdlug] CloneZilla

Robert Jim Fulner fulner at alumni.nmu.edu
Tue Mar 23 16:43:10 EDT 2010

Have any of you guys ever used Clonezilla? http://www.clonezilla.org/

It looks like just what I'm looking for. All of my
experience/experimentation with GNU/Linux has always been either off of Live
Media or full hard disk installs. I've never dual booted, I recently have
come into a laptop running XP, that Unfortunately I need to keep for some of
the course I'm taking at OCC that require Windoze software that not run so
good in WINE. So I've got that excuse for an operating system working the
way I want to, and I wanted to find a way to save that configuration before
I start playing with various dual boot scenarios. Unfortunately my hard disk
isn't too big (20GB) and my RAM too isn't great (512MB) so I'm not sure if
my preferred distro, Mandraiva, is going to work well. I'm considering
playing with Arch Linux, but wanted to make sure it was easy to get back to
they way my XP set up if something is less than desirable is encountered.

Just looking for any of your experience with Clonezilla, or any better
solutions. Also any other insight on Arch, or a different distrios would be
welcome too. I'd like all my machines to be runnign a different distro, just
for the fun of it. Currently my desktop is running Debian, my XO OLPC of
course is Fedora (sort of) and my other laptop is Puppy Linux.

**
--
Jim Fulner
The DetroitLibertyPenguin