[mdlug] KDE 4

Jim Broughton jbroughton at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jun 28 23:48:43 EDT 2010

Progress just for the sake of progress is not progressive. :-)
It is KDE 4.4.3. Or was. It's gone now. The KDE team will
have to polish this turd a bit more before I will find it useful.
I have been a KDE user since version 1.1. Ages ago.

Now that I have messed with things a bit. I have found that I could
install the 3.5.10 version of KDE from the Slackware 12.2 version disks on a
13.1 install. Provided you delete all of qt4 and kde 4.4.3. Yes it runs
just beautifully thank you very much. I have not tested all the apps under
it just the ones I used and they all function as intended.
HOWEVER this is on a 32bit system with a pentium 4 processor.
 The 64 bit version of the Slackware 13.1 install I have in testing on my
Desktop machine will require a rather lengthy compile session with
the KDE 3.5.10 source code plus a few libraries that KDE4 does not use.
There is of course a companion 64 Slack alike system made by a separate
developer maybe his 12.2 64 bit version will install on 13.1.
Might have to give that a try.

Jim