[mdlug] What Distro f/Asus T91MT Touchscreen w/GMA500 Chip

Peter Bart petertheplumber at att.net
Mon Jun 28 16:48:33 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,
    Has anyone gotten single touch touch screen working on an Asus T91(MT)? I've been trying to get UNR  9.10 working to my satisfaction on one with a GMA500 chip and I get close but no cigar. I got the touchscreen working but then found out I can't suspend with a mounted sd card, and that's where I had /swap. I reinstalled putting /swap on the ssd  but now wireless won't wake up from suspend even with the backport modules. I'm okay with the low resolution  for now, but not with the slow as mollasses UNR menu. I've seen tantalizing references to Mandriva coming with support for the GMA500, but not evtouch. Could be all I have to do is install it from from the repo's? Of course there's openSUSE to consider, but I haven't looked real hard.  I'm ready to trade the finger friendly UNR menu for anything that works. I  can allways supersize the toolbar. Or do I simply need to pull on my tinfoil hat tighter? Anyone care to comment?

Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber
Sent from a mobile Internet Tablet