[mdlug] What Distro f/Asus T91MT Touchscreen w/GMA500 Chip Decision

Peter Bart petertheplumber at att.net
Sun Jul 25 11:24:27 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 16:48 -0400, Peter Bart wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>     Has anyone gotten single touch touch screen working on an Asus
> T91(MT)? I've been trying to get UNR  9.10 working to my satisfaction
> on one with a GMA500 chip and I get close but no cigar. I got the
> touchscreen working but then found out I can't suspend with a mounted
> sd card, and that's where I had /swap. I reinstalled putting /swap on
> the ssd  but now wireless won't wake up from suspend even with the
> backport modules. I'm okay with the low resolution  for now, but not
> with the slow as mollasses UNR menu. I've seen tantalizing references
> to Mandriva coming with support for the GMA500, but not evtouch. Could
> be all I have to do is install it from from the repo's? Of course
> there's openSUSE to consider, but I haven't looked real hard.  I'm
> ready to trade the finger friendly UNR menu for anything that works. I
> can allways supersize the toolbar. Or do I simply need to pull on my
> tinfoil hat tighter? Anyone care to comment?

	I've decided on UNR 10.4. There has been a lot of work on this distro
specific to the T91MT listed here
<http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu_9.10_on_the_t91_t91mt#touchscreen_t91mt_10.04>. I've got the install done with some of the modifications. I've got a working computer, with touchscreen and onscreen keyboard. It's very nice. I'm not able to resume though. I can suspend and upon resume I'm dumped out to the login screen. When I log in my open applications are gone. I'm trying to figure out how to troubleshoot that.
--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber