[mdlug] heard of Eucalyptus?

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Fri Jan 29 08:14:30 EST 2010

I just heard that Eucalyptus can support HPC (High
Performance Clustering).  I went to their website
and spent half an hour reading about it.  Basically
they call it a cloud environment which can be used
to test apps before moving to a commercial cloud.

Has anyone else heard of this?  I'm wondering if
this can be set up for HA (High Availability) as
well, similar to how 3tera works.  Do you know of
any good sites about Eucalyptus and open source
cloud computing that don't assume you already know
about their product?