[mdlug] building the chrome OS

Dean Durant mdlug at wowway.com
Tue Jan 26 15:47:02 EST 2010

Hello, has anyone tried this?

I was following the instructions, got to this point in the instructions:

cd ~/chromiumos/src/scripts

and found there was no 'scripts'.

I didn't find this anywhere either: ./make_chroot.sh

I didn't find ./build_chrome.sh

for: ./build_chrome.sh --chrome_dir ~/chromium

Some instructions are debian specific:

cat >karmic.list <<EOF
deb http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/packages chromeos_dev main restricted
deb-src http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/packages chromeos_dev main restricted
EOF

# Install karmic debootstrap
sudo mv karmic.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/karmic.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y --force-yes debootstrap

# Remove temporary sources.list entry, so you don't upgrade anything else
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/karmic.list
sudo apt-get update

Better to start over with debian or convert these steps to suse?

I installed alien.

I have this install CD that installs a suse-based distro with Chrome as the browser.

Does it make more sense to use gclient or WebKitGit? Is one obsolete?

Thanks, Dean