[mdlug] Laptop woes - Knoppix boots but Ubuntu doesn't?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Jan 18 07:58:31 EST 2010

> From: Aaron Kulkis

> Ingles, Raymond wrote:
> > It got 40% through one pass last night, forgot to mention before.
I'll let
> it run a full pass, but in my experience with dodgy RAM, if there's a
problem
> it's usually found pretty quickly.

> You mean like at booting up....

 More or less - I mean the memory testing program. In my experience, if
memtest86+ is going to find a RAM error at all, it finds it in less than
a minute. I still try to find time to run at least one full pass, but if
I'm in a hurry I'll let it run for a little while to see if it finds any
gross, obvious RAM problems.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                       (313) 227-2317

 If George Bush thinks "gay marriage" is such a big deal that he
 needs to muck with our Constitution, why didn't he push for it
             to be written into Iraq's new one?