[mdlug] Problems with the flash plug in install files

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Wed Feb 24 22:28:28 EST 2010

Raymond S McLaughlin wrote:
> Look at the version number for the flash plugin shown at the URL:
> about:plugins
>
> I recall finding more than one version on a machine once, and the wrong
> one was being run. I don't recall the details, but if you search your
> system you might find more than one libflashplayer.so file.

It was mine if I recall.  The solution was to delete both ,and run the
install on the latest version.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? -Mohandas K. Gandhi
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org