[mdlug] Gutted APC Battery Backups Free to Good Home

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Sun Feb 21 21:30:14 EST 2010

Peter Bart wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> 	I have one ancient Back-UPS 250 that appears to be in working order;
> other than the battery, and one late model Back-UPS XS 900 that is not.
> The 250 works fine as a surge arrestor, but since the battery will no
> longer hold a charge it won't provide power by itself. The 900 was
> hopelessy overloaded by yours truly and now randomly indicates overload
> condition, despite having nothing plugged into it. It also no longer has
> a battery in it, I took that and rejuvenated another ancient Back-UPS I
> have. Both units are going to be recycled unless someone wants them for
> parts.

What is the wattage on the units?  I will buy batteries if they can be
changed.  I've had a UPS where they made it damn near impossible.  I
need a UPS of 600 watts or better.  Maestro has no backup.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? -Mohandas K. Gandhi
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org