[mdlug] non-bind DNS server

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Mon Aug 16 12:24:49 EDT 2010

The main thing I like that it takes care of for me is being able to create a PTR and an A record on one line in one configuration file.  Many BIND set ups that I have seen are horrendously ugly because the admin might have cleaned up an A record but did not remove the associated PTR.  While the steps needed to remove both records are not difficult or even really tedious, I just see that as one example of djbdns's configuration being a little more simple.  I'm not a djbdns bigot or anti-BIND either; I am just pointing out an alternative to bind that I have used.

Greg