[mdlug] test

Raymond S McLaughlin raymond.s.mclaughlin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:38:51 EDT 2010

Peter Bart wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:10:39 -0400
> Raymond S McLaughlin <raymond.s.mclaughlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> test
>>
>     Whew, I was worried I'd been excommunicated

Nope, it was just the old mail server needing a slap on the back. As far
as I can tell, it was due to ClamAV disabling all old installations.
<http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/>

This would be a good time to warn all of you using Windows systems for
your email. The MDLUG mail server has been configured to pass all
messages through ClamAV basically as a courtesy to the Windows using
members. Linux systems are largely immune to viruses. Since there is no
easy source for the new version of ClamAV for the server's OS (SUSE
LINUX 10.0) this is getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I
back-dated the install to db version 0.86, have taken steps to avoid
further updating/disabling.

One more reason to use a Linux mail client.

Raymond McLaughlin
serveradmin at mdlug.org