[mdlug] any GNU/Linux Contributors?

Delyan Raychev az at delqn.com
Thu Apr 8 11:32:04 EDT 2010

The purpose of the research is driven by the following event:

Less than a month ago I attended Libre Planet 2010
(http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010).  It was inspiring and
eye-opening experience.  I also got a chance to attended a few sessions
with other GNU hackers ('hacking' as in developing/writing code for various
project, NOT stealing, breaching security or breaking laws)

Also - had a chance to visit a few hack-a-thons at MIT and was fascinated
by the community.

I found these communities and events to be very productive, inspiring,
encouraging and educational.  (Here is what an MIT hackathon looks like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/linenfabric/4459037703/)

And since I have not been able to find similar community in the Metro
Detroit area - decided to ask and see if GNU/Linux developers exist at all
in the greater Detroit area.

Del