[mdlug] Droid report

Gmail-otakurider otakurider at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:14:32 EDT 2010

 I will concur with the writeup. Had my Droid for over a month and am
loving it better then the iphone.
Now that the 2.1 update in out and installed I find it is much faster in
all functions from scrolling to typing.
Also the pinch and zoom on the default browser is a welcome addition. I
would like more menu screens but
I am getting used to only adding really wanted apps. If you pick up the
charging station it will give another micro
USB connector so that will be nice. A main point I don't like is the
fact all my contacts are on Google. Having a palm 700p
previous I do like the idea of only having the contacts on the laptop
and the phone only.

As the appstore is expanded daily and the apps are of good quality and
quantity. Multi-app stability when switching from one to
another so far has never been a issue. I would recommend a wired or
wireless headset the phone does get a bit warm
after a while of talking. Having used the VNC/RDP client it is strange
to have the size of the screen but still able to see
what is going on on the other system. The app is not super stable but
usable for playing around. The SSH clients are
rock solid as well as the FTP client/server app. It has a very good
weather, twitter, facebook and Digg app.

A few sites to look into is droid-life and droid-forums (Google for
proper URL) these sites have great info on what is out there
and any issues.

Rooting Droid, still not sure if I will or now so will keep all posted.
I have been expanding a blog with my tips and ideas on blogger.

Thanks

Pat Baker