[mdlug] Moniter w/tuner vs HDTV

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Mon Sep 21 16:52:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:45:18 -0400
"Robert Adkins" <radkins at impelind.com> wrote:

> That's a nice monitor.
>
> The closest thing that Computer Direct has is the ASUS VH244H, which
> is a sexy hot monitor. 1920x1080, 20,000:1 Contrast ratio, 1HDMI
> port, 24.4 inches, it just doesn't have a tuner built-in. They have
> it for $229 right now. (You could pick up a Happauge HD TV Tuner for
> about the difference in price with that Samsung and end up with a
> larger screen, along with the 3-year Warranty that Asus offers on
> their products.)
>
> Anyway, I have the Asus monitor and it's unbelievably awesome. It's
> best monitor that I have ever owned.
>
> -Rob

	Good to know, thanks! I forgot about Asus. I might have to use
	one of those when I get my LinuxMCE box built. Don't worry,
	I've got a big shopping list for the winter. I'll be leaving a
	good deal of money over by John R. These are going to be used
	as tv's, so I'd like to keep it all in one box. Plus, it's
	going in our bedroom, I'm allready pushing it with 22". Hey!
	it's bigger than our old tv in the living room as it is!

Best Regards,
--
Peter The Plumber sm
Sent from a mobile Internet Tablet