[mdlug] Moniter w/tuner vs HDTV

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Mon Sep 21 11:18:34 EDT 2009

Good Morning,
	I'm planning on getting a medium size lcd HDTV. I've narrowed
	it down to two different Samsung units, I think. The one is a
	1080p moniter with a tuner built in and the other is an 720p
	HDTV. Both refresh at 60hz. Units around 20"-23" don't seem to
	offer rates any higher, larger sets do. The main difference
	seems to be the resolution and the contrast. The moniter has a
	dynamic contrast ratio of 10000:1, the TV is 15000:1. The
	moniter seems to be the better deal? Both seem to be otherwise
	really close in specs. Would anyone care to comment? The TV is
	a LN22B460
<http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/lcd-tv/LN22B460B2DXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail>,
the moniter is a 2333HD
<http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/premium/index.idx?pagetype=subtype>.