[mdlug] Recovering damaged EXT2

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Sep 16 14:48:55 EDT 2009

If you already have a damaged hard drive, taking it apart to put it into a
temporary second drive just to rip data off of it, could prove to be
significantly less expensive than a data recovery shop would charge.

I wouldn't recommend or even mildly suggest that one continue to use the
hardware that has been opened up and swapped around. Just rip the data and
destroy the disks and toss them out.

-Rob