[mdlug] Recovering damaged EXT2

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:10:00 EDT 2009

Michael Mikowski wrote:
> [...]

I prefer the freezer.  And then a damp (not wet...DAMP)
washcloth on the top of the drive (circuit-board side
being the bottom side of the drive).

For copying the data, in this case, the best program to
use is dd, since it will read the drive in byte-by-byte
order, minimizing the amount of time-wasting head movement.