[mdlug] Cannot see my mythtv box from PS3

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Mon Sep 7 10:30:27 EDT 2009

Hello,

This one has been driving me crazy. I have asked the question in myth forum without any luck.

I am running myth on a box connected through wireless and my PS3 is on wireless as well. But my PS3
does not list the media in my mythbox when I search for media servers. For a brief time yesterday, my myth
box was visible in PS3 but then iit went away. I am not sure what settings enabled this.

1) When I check the network from PS3, it gets the IP address but says UPnP not available. I can access
the external network fine from PS3. I cannot see the Myth media from PS3.

2) In my router (Linksys WRT54G) settings, I tried both UPnP enable and disable without any luck.

3) Is there something that needs to be set in the myth box? I have the right IP set in both master backend
and local backend (not loopback 127.0.0.1). I have also tried with the frontend running. But no luck.

Thanks for any help